I am a long term resident of Mission, and have lived here for the past 35 years. I am happily married, with four children and three grandchildren. I retired from the Mission School District after working with them for 29 years and since retirement, my wife and I have filled our days with activities such as gardening, treasure hunting, traveling and reading. We are very active with volunteering with our local church, and I help with the annual organization of Seniors Week in Mission.
I have served on our Mission council for 11 years now and my current responsibilities are;
· Vice Chair of the Joint Services Committee (Water, Sewer, Transit), with the City of Abbotsford.
· City Representative on the Fraser Valley Regional Library Association.
· Chairperson for the Traffic and Transit Advisory Committee for the City of Mission.
· Council Liaison for MASH ~ Mission Association for Seniors Housing.
· Council Liaison for Pleasantview Housing Society.
· Special Accomplishment Award ~ District of Mission, 2014
· Community Service Award ~ District of Mission, 2014
· Special Recognition Award ~ District of Mission, 2018
· Principal's Award ~ BCIT, 1974
· BC Winter Games 2014 ~ Accommodations Chair
· Board Member ~ MASH, Pleasantview, Welton Towers
· Board Member ~ Mission Literary in Motion
· Former Sunrise Rotary Member
Completion of the Bowsyk Centre.
Opening of a new Youth Center.
Completion of the Transportation Master Plan.
Completion of the Utility Master Plan.
Continuous Improvement within Planning and Building Services Department.
Redesign and first phase of buildout on 14th Avenue.
7th Avenue Greenway Phase One, with signalized light at 7th and Murray.
Allocation of the Lawn Bowling site to the Mission Arts Council.
Completion of the Fraser River Sewer crossing.
Completion of the pump track at Griner Park.
Moving forward with an adopted Tourism Strategy.
Completion of the Stave Heights Neighbourhood Plan.
Completion of the Waterfront Revitalization Plan.
Completion of the Central Neighbourhood Plan for Silverdale.
Adoption of the Fire Rescue Services Plan.
Adoption of a Housing Needs Assessment required by the Provincial Government.
Completion of a Affordable Housing Strategy.
The introduction of upgrades to the Enterprise System to develop greater efficiencies within the City Traffic Safety improvements – sidewalks around schools and signalized crosswalks.
Implementation of the Provincial Auditor General’s report on Emergency Services and Planning.